For me, the easiest way to glam up any look is by way of a black rimmed smokey eye.
My preferences change from time to time, currently I’m loving a smudge of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour and then using an angled brush with a light dusting of black shadow to blend and define. At the moment, I’m drawn to this method over my usual black pencil, powder, and maybe even liner.
That’s how I do it.
Last month Jaimie Alexander took the paparazzi by storm in her revealing dress for the premiere of Thor: The Dark World. Great body. Amazing dress. But what’s in her style for you?
Her major smokey eyes! And, New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to add some drama with what may already be in your makeup bag.
>> MORE MAKEUP TIPS: Smokey Eyes
Votre Vu provided the step-by step makeup how to’s that celebrity makeup artist Jeffrey Paul used on Jamie for that gorgeous night. I may even try this method myself.
Let’s work out your style, together! STYLE WORKOUT digital style sessions is on its gorgeous way. Get on the V.I.P launch list.
In their words…
They went for a feeling of soft velvet texture of the 20s and 30s, “kind of like a black and white movie that has been slightly colorized.”
- Jeffrey began by prepping the skin with Votre Vu’s Fleur Blanc Tonic and then massaging in the Best Regard Crème Du Jour moisturizer. “The humectants bring moisture to the skin leaving it moist so makeup won’t look heavy or too overdone.” Then after letting it set in, he applied Love Me Deux Moisture Tint in Limoges lightly to even out her skin.
- The eyes were the main focus of the look and they really wanted to bring out the gorgeous dimensions of her eyes. Jeffrey prepped Jaimie’s lids with Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Light and then applied the shade Raw Silk from the Palette Play eye shadow quad in Violette to the center of her lids. To give the eyes more depth and shape “much like the silver screen images of the 20s and 30s”, Jeffrey applied the shade Gilt from the Palette Play eye shadow quad in Copper.
- To line the eyes, he used the Le Joli Crayon in Charbon, smudged it out, and softly went over it with the shade Moiré from Palette Play in Violette. He then enhanced her brows with Arch de Triumphe in Dark Brown to make them stronger to really frame the eyes.
- “We wanted the whole look to be defined, but warm and rich because the dress is so powerful. The emphasis was really on her and how beautiful she is. So we kept the skin really clean, the lips pale and emphasized her eyes.”
- For the lips, Jeffrey applied Votre Vu’s French Kiss Moisture Riche Lipstick in Babette and then blotted it off so that there was a stain of color. Then right before walking onto the carpet, he mixed the Lip Lustre in Charming with a lip brush into the lipstick and applied it to Jaimie’s lips to create a look that was in between cream and velvet. This ensured that the lips were glossy, but not sticky.
- After the eyes, Jeffrey took the Votre Vu Beauté en Bronze in Monaco and really worked the bronzer into her skin, concentrating under the cheekbones to enhance the definition of her face. Then he applied the blush from the duo to the apples of her cheeks.
- To finish off her look, Jeffrey put the Fleur Blanc Tonic in his hands and then lightly patted it over her whole face to keep her looking dewy in the dry California weather.
“Jaimie can transcend the bounds of your favorite girl next door to encompass a whole package of glamour, beauty, sex appeal, and sizzling fashion goddess. This look was to bring out the warm sensuality of Jaimie’s eyes and face without being too strong or overpowering the amazing dress. Warm smokey eyes and a pale lip provided an approachable, but steamy goddess walking the red carpet.”
All Votre Vu products are available at votrvu.com.
Photo: Votre VuPublished on December 30, 2013