Exude Femininity with the expert help of Dimitri James:
Natural make-up is as strong of a perennial Spring trend as nautical themes are so take note with sensational advice that’s destined to get you in the know on looking easily fresh-faced this season…
>> WATCH: Natural Makeup Tips for Everyday Beauty
Skinn’s Dimitri James shares his inspiration, tips & know-how with us below-
Smokey eyes and bold red lips are undeniable statement looks, but sometimes the best declaration you can make with your makeup is being natural.Nothing exudes confidence and femininity more than a neutral-focused complexion.
>> MORE: Beauty Tips
It may look easy, but getting this flawless nude is a challenge. Luckily, Dimitri James, celebrity makeup artist and the man behind Skinn Cosmetics, has you covered – - softly.
You’ve seen the look on the runways of Dolce and Gabbana, Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney. It’s the makeup trend of the 70s back for a second wind. Dimitri offers his tips, tricks and must-have products for creating a timeless neutral look.
- a skin illuminizer
- a sheer cream blush
- a powder foundation
- a neutral-toned lip gloss,
- nude, taupe and ivory eye shadows
- your favorite mascara.
Now that you have the supplies here’s how to make it happen:
Step 1: Coverage
- Start by applying a sheer skin illuminizer all over the face and lids, this offers some dimension and glow to your skin.
- A natural nude skin-toned color works best here. Try Skinn’s Natural Light Skinn Illuminizer,complete with auto-regulating pigments that adjust to your skin tone.
Step 2: Blush
- Next apply a fine coat of your sheer cream blush to the cheeks, eyelids and lips. Try to avoid too much blush with this application. You don’t want thecheeks to overpower the rest of the face.
Step 3: Powder
- Follow up the blush with a light dusting of mineral powder foundation all over the face and lids.
- Make sure you find the perfect match for your skin by focusing on your undertones.
- If you are peachy, choose peachy nude shades, if you are olive, go with more of a warm/nude/brown shade and if you are cool-toned, choose colors that have a slight blue undertone. Skinn’s HighDefinition Cotton & Mineral Foundation is perfect – smooth and natural looking all day!
Step 4: Shadow
- Apply your taupe shadow across the upper lid and your nude shadow under the lower lash line. Use the ivory shade under the brow bone.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
- Apply separating lash mascara and finish with a sheer-toned lip gloss over your cream blushed lips.
Skinn Cosmetics products are available for purchase on www.skinn.comPublished on April 19, 2012