We’ve all been amazed about the Princess worthiness of Kate Middleton’s hair. The Duchess of Cambridge has a thick, long mane that puts our straggles to shame.
Just on the offshoot, that you may have a gorgeous, thick head of covetable hair, we’ve got some quick hairstyle how’s to achieve two of Kate Middleton’s holiday hairstyles by way of Edward Tricomi, co-owner of Warren-Tricomi Salons.
>>MORE: Hairstyle How-To’s
The first look for our Kate Middleton hair how to is the Updo, pictured above. What looks modern is the way it is brushed off her face in a regal, yet modern way. “This look is elegant, charming and surprisingly easy to achieve,” promises Tricomi. The healthy sheen keeps the style young, “Kate has mirror-like shine which makes her color look extremely rich. I would recommend using a hair glaze to really bring out the shine and richness in color.”
Here’s how to get Kate Middleton’s Updo:
- Begin by parting your hair where it would naturally fall.
- This look is started with a very basic French braid at the back of the neck. Be sure to braid very loosely, this will keep the look modern and effortless.
- Once your braid reaches the top of your back begin to twist it into a bun. The bun should be more oval in shape as opposed to round and should sit right at the base of your neck. Secure with hair pins.
There’s nothing like a good half up, half down hairstyle show off a long neck and major bling. “Lady Kate kills it with this, taking a look that is sophisticated yet surprisingly simple to create. The off-center pin curls are unexpected, innovative and original,” say Tricomi. To keep the look sleek, “Use a blow dry lotion to provide humidity resistance, frizz-control and protect the hair from heat styling.”
Here’s how to get Kate Middleton’s Half Up, Half Down Style:
- Start by setting your hair with a curling iron in large sections until your entire head is curled. This will give it a soft bounce.
- Divide your hair into two sections from ear to ear across the back of your head.
- Brush the top section straight back (this look is achieved with no parting)
- Take hair from your temple and pull it away from your face, twirling it into a pin curl and securing it with pins at the crown of your head, repeat with the remaining side.
>>MORE: Kate MiddletonPublished on November 26, 2012