At New York Fashion Week, the Modern Geisha Updo was in order at Costello Tagliapietra for fall 10 but we think you can get the look right now!
We always strive to be ahead of the curve and what’s a better to get next season’s look now than with a few simple runway hair styling tips and tricks?
Seen on the runway at the Costello Tagliapietra Fall / Winter 2010 fashion show just last week, the Modern Geisha Updo could be your super glam hair look this weekend!
>> Read our Costello Tagliapietra Runway Review
Nelson Vercher for The Rita Hazan Salon created modern big hair with a very edgy– but by no means literal– take on a geisha-inspired updo, finished with a knot to work with the Asian influence of the collection.
>> More Fashion Shows
“It was all about a girl traveling from Russia to Asia but with some form of togetherness- she went on that journey but still came out looking lovely,” he explained. “It’s the kind of hair that both your man and girlfriend will love,” said Vercher.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:Volumizer and hair spray are the two key products to create this voluminous updo.
- Vercher sprayed volumizer (try PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizer Spray) at the roots of dry hair before setting it in Velcro rollers.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Shake out hair.
- Tease to increase the volume.
- Brush hair up to smooth, and overdirect it up and forward.
- Twist at the top and pin in a high knot.
- Finish with a fine-mist/strong hold hairspray (try L’Oréal Elnett or VO5).
Voila, a modern, undone Geisha Updo from the runway to you!
Photos, this page only, Costello Tagliapietra