Take a chance and ring in the new year with bolder makeup than usual, but remember to avoid overdoing it by playing up BOTH the eyes and the mouth… it’s one or the other for a more than festive look!
READ: Perfect Party Hair
I love the look of a bold, pronounced lip for holiday party festivities and with the season upon us, I’m going to show you how to go from the office to a cocktail party in a flash.
- Bold lips mean lighter lids ladies so play up the eyes with a luminous light shadow and a fine line of liquid liner at the base of the lash tilted up at the outer corner of the upper lids.
- A great trick to make the eyes pop is to use a white eyeliner pencil and rim the inner lower lid from corner to corner followed by two coats of mascara.
There’s nothing sexier than grabbing your party mate’s attention with a moody, dark eye for a look that is dramatic and chic.
- If you’ve chosen the light lip then play up the eyes with a smokey near black shadow dusted on the upper lids from lash to crease followed by a nude shimmer lightly applied to the arch
- Rim the lower inside lid with a dark brown pencil and dust the lower lash from corner to corner with dark brown powder
- Once you decide on the EYE of the evening the rest is simple- accentuate the eye with shimmery blush on the checks, what is key here is to make it look fresh and dewy so skip the foundation during the holidays and use a tinted moisturizer
- If your going from morning to night remember that a quality primer is key
- Carry oil blotting papers in your bag and avoid pressed powders when running from party to party- caked and cracked is not a pretty look
Now go get yourself a fabulous little black dress and a cocktail and radiate holiday cheer.– Brad Boles
Photo: Tinko Czetwertynski
Original Publish Date: Published on December 23, 2011Published on December 30, 2014