You too can look like a Princess Bride with these easy-to-follow hair tips
Now that you know about Kate Middleton’s wedding dress it’s time to try your hand at looking like a Royal!
You may not have a Duke to drive you away from Buckingham Palace in a Aston Martin DB6 with both balloons and your hair blowing in the breeze yet can get the look.
There’s nothing easier or more affordable than to mimic the the Royal Do.
Celebrated and celebrity hairstylist Gad Cohen shares his expert hair tips on how you can get HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding day hairstyle on your own!
Gad’s hair tips don’t stop here as he joining our salon of expert Contributors… stay tuned to learn more about Gad.– S.H.
Kate’s Royal Do is the classic "half-up half down" with volume at the crown to hold the tiara. It’s reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
The best way to achieve this is to have the hair blown out, so it’ll have a lot of body.
- Then with a large barrel curling iron, (1 inch) do a dry stand up pin-curl set.
- After each piece is curled, clip it in until they are all done.
- Once you’ve done all the pieces, let them down, but be sure to leave enough in the back and not make it too tight so you maintain the length you have.
- Keep the bangs soft, grazing the forehead.
- The sides should be soft around the face and then anchored right below the crown.
- For some extra volume at the crown, back comb, and integrate it into the rest of the hair that’s down.
- For the finishing touch, lightly spray with L’Oreal’s Elnett.
Voila, you can look like you married a Prince on your wedding day too.– Gad Cohen
It’s lovely being royal hair photo gallery:
ROYAL WEDDING RELATED:
- HOW TO GET THE ROYAL DO- HAIRSTYLE TIPS
- ROYAL WEDDING FASHION
- ROYAL WEDDING FASHION- SECOND WEDDING DRESS FOR KATE, DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
- KATE’S HONEYMOON GETAWAY COMFY WEDGE PUMP ESPADRILLE SHOES
- ROYAL WEDDING INSPIRED DRESSES LOOK FOR LESS
All photos and more via focusonstyle.onsugar