Backstage Beauty Notes: Long and purposefully messy hair may seem like a no-brainer to style, but that’s not always the case.
It takes a degree of styling finesse to look effortlessly undone and chic rather than unkempt.
Take a backstage beauty cue from Joseph Altuzarra’s Fall-Winter 2012 Fashion Week Runway Show to try a look that may appear confidently easy by using the right amount of hair products.
The Look: Tousled Bed Head Look for the Joseph Altuzarra fall/winter 2012 New York Fashion Week Runway Show styled by Frederic Fekkai lead stylist Paul Hanlon.
Inspiration: Paul called the style “skinny hair” for its easy & natural look. The style was created to complement the creative details throughout the collection.
MORE: Frederic Fekkai
Runway Hairstyle How-To’s to get the look:
- Apply Fekkai Coiff Anti-Frizz Silkening Cream on wet hair while scrunching the hair with hands.
- Brush through with a comb and apply Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Touseled Wave Spray throughout the hair.
Use hands to brush through and create a slight middle part.
- When working with thicker or longer hair take the very bottom section of the hair, along the nape of the neck, and make a small braid underneath the rest of the hair.
- To conceal the braid, while thinning the look of the hair, braid up the side of the head and pin tightly.
- Next, allow the hair to air dry or use a dryer diffuser to give the style a natural and relaxed look.
- Lightly curl the ends of the hair in random sections to give the hair unkempt and individualized final look.
- Finally, apply a small amount of Fekkai Coiff Nonchalant Piecing and Forming Wax and Fekkai Coiff Magnifique Ultra-Light Finishing Crème throughout the hair to hold the look.
Photo: Frederic FekkaiPublished on February 12, 2012