- Try a shopping swap party with your friends for clothes, handbags, and accessories.
- Don’t sell your closet staples unless you really must.
- Sell your identifiable trendy stuff- the type of things that you can place to a specific season & become dated.
- When it comes to online sales, people search marketplaces for designer names like Gucci, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, YSL, Mulberry, Louis Vuitton, etc. — Sharon HATES the phrase, a passion for fashion… be original.
- Do clean your merchandise before you sell it.
>> READ: The Best Hangers
- Present to in a way that you would want to receive it.
- Turn your accessories into fast fash cash– no sizes so they sell easier.
- Sharon prefers shopping with a credit card rather than PayPal cash when she doesn’t know the seller.
- When you turn to consignment shops to sell your merchandise, the items may come back a bit shopworn if they don’t sell.
- Own it, wear it, live it and LOVE it!
Sharon is wearing a Donna Karan Urban Zen sweater and Yves Saint Laurent necklace, her own of course.
Sharon Haver is the founder and editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Brad Boles is the editor at large and also a reappearing cast member and Jill Zarin‘s gay husband on The Real Housewives of New York City