- What’s Appropriate to Wear to Business Dinner- Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 31
- Makeup Tips for Everyday Beauty Video- Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 30
- Fashion Mistakes That Wreck Our Nerves, Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 29
How to Wear Metallics, Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 21
Metallics like silver, gold, bronze, copper & pewter, are hot fashion trends but how do you pull them off without looking like a ball of aluminum foil?
In this episode of Impromptu Madness, co-hosts, Sharon & Brad tell you how to wear metallics and look chic, not cheesy.
Plus, Sharon is having a “Maude” moment with her scarf and Brad is going off-topic and is carrying on about their old friends Miss J. Alexander, Michael Alan Stein and Patrick Lucas. It’s Impromptu Madness so watch, laugh and take in some of information-packed fashion tips…
Watch How to Wear Metallics, Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 21
Watch more Impromptu Madness with Sharon & Brad
Video topics include:
Even Sharon scares herself by wearing too much shine- it’s just not her style.
- When wearing metallics, you don’t want to look like a disco Phyllis Diller and Brad thinks about Disco Sally.
- Your metallic item should be the focal point of your complete outfit.
Compliment the hardness of metallics, mix with cashmere or something with a soft texture.
>> CHECK OUT: SHOPPING GUIDES
It’s perfectly fine to mix metals if they have the same finish or feel or compliment each other.
- If you want to layer it up, mix textures of the same metallic.
- A burnished or muted finish is far more chic than a glaring aluminum foil shine.
- The last time in your face glaring metals worked was back in the 1990′s with Versace.
- If you are wearing a vividly bright gold, just wear one piece of it. Balance it with something more subdued and simple like a camel or grey flannel layer.
- If you do wear a disco ballish bright dress, make it modern and less garish by grounding it with heavy black tights or a boot.
- Sharon and Brad have has enough of platforms that you can’t walk in. And Sharon wonders if we can all wear shoes different than the same Minnie Mouse platforms that all the It, oops, Ditz Girls wear?!
- No look can be pulled together if you cannot walk in your shoes.
- Walking brings Brad to talk about Miss J. Alexander.
Sharon tell of how she and J. Alexander met at Studio 54 when they both broke a heel of their Charles Jourdan pumps. Alexander shares the story in a video that her son made. Sharon has had her foot in a cast for the past month and credits Alexander’s tips as to how she has been able to balance in her cast, particularly with a YSL sandal on the other foot!
- Brad tells of when Sharon and he were a stylist and make-up artist, respectively, they all worked together with North Rebis, Patrick Lucas, and Michael Stein on photos shoots.
- When it comes to wearing metallics, Brad warns to not look like a drag queen and wear too much. Know how to pare it down to look chic.
We pulled some chic metallics for you to consider:
- In The Kitchen Video with Miss J Alexander
- Fashion Rocks Out with Heavy Metal
- ‘Follow the Model,’ Miss J’s Guide to Unleashing Presence, Poise, and Power
Sharon Haver and Brad Boles have been collaborating for years.
They met on their first cover shoot for VOGUE Mexico, "back in the day," as Brad likes to call it. They continued to booked as part of fab fashion trio for photo shoots- Sharon as the fashion stylist, Brad on makeup, and the late North Rebis on hair. Either making everyday clothes look more exotic or couture even more fantastic, they became longtime friends on the other side of the scrim.
Sharon is the founder and editor in chief of FocusOnStyle and Brad is its roving editor at large and regularly seen on "The Real Housewives of New York City" as Jill Zarin's gay husband.
Still continuing to finish each other's sentences, but not always in total agreement, Sharon Haver and Brad Boles will have you in stitches and looking pretty amazing too. Watch Impromtpu Madness for video style tips and listen to Focus on Style Talk Radio for more fashion chat. They are presently writing a style book and developing a TV series.
Tags: alexander jenkins , brad boles , how to wear , How to wear metallics , Impromptu Madness , j alexander , jay alexander , Maude , metallics , Michael Alan Stein , Michael Stein , miss j , miss jay , North Rebis , Patrick Lucas , scarf , sharon haver , video