Well, I think that scene defined my point of view on beauty. Sure, sometimes I want something more dramatic, but for a basic, classy, presentable look, really all I need is five things (and you’ll see in a moment, for a basic, basic look, all I need is two).
(Disclaimer: Now I am certainly not saying that a person needs makeup to look beautiful, in fact there are some lucky women who need none at all. I have never been that woman.)=
On with the fun, let’s start with the most basic of our basics:
1) Lip Balm: can be tinted or not, whatever your mood dictates. I hate having chapped lips, they can be very painful and they can look very bad. Have you notice that when you talk to someone you spend a lot of time looking at their mouths? Well, I’d rather them see a smooth pair of lips, instead of something that resembles lizard skin.
2) Concealer: I don’t really sleep. Like ever. So concealer is soooo important to me. I don’t break out too frequently (which is a minor miracle considering the fact that I don’t ever drink water, but I digress), so I don’t put a lot of cover up on my face, but it is vital for covering up the dark and ominous bags that haunt the area under my eyes.
I think that if one had a great lip balm and a great concealer and used them properly then she could leave the house with head held high looking beautiful.
So that’s the bare minimum right there.
Now I start to add the things that make feel pretty- not just presentable, and, I do this by drawing attention to the parts of my face that I want to accentuate. Which brings us to:
3) Eyeliner: I could live without eye shadows (wouldn’t want to, though I could), but the world would be a cruel, cruel place if eyeliner didn’t exist. Even some men are starting to feel this way– which we will cover in the upcoming blog “Guyliner: Sexy or Scary?”
4) Blush: Blush gives your face added dimension, and color, and fine– this is really because of my mother. She pounded it into my head that without blush I looked “dead.” So I never go anywhere without it on. Although, I do really believe it gives your face added dimension. You can contour with it. You can highlight with it. Blush is fantastic.
5) Lipgloss: To give a little more attention to your pout. Different colors create different effects, and can completely change a look. There is something about a lipgloss that just makes me feel so girlie– but again, the right lip balm (see #1) can accomplish this for you all by itself.
I hope that you have a “beauty”-full and happy day!
Until next time,
MJ, The Makeup Junkie