In honor of Valentine’s Day please revisit our Best of Sexpert Chic series, a new post every day until V-Day!
Rock, roll, and buzz your way to some frisky fun with our Jimmyjane Sex Toys Buying Guide
These are the stylish sex toys that have had plenty of screen time on Sex and the City and The Real Housewives of Orange County, plus the provocative “Let’s Do It Again” video collaboration with musician Dave Stewart.
Part Three of a Weekly Four Part series
Buying Guide | Sex Toys Worth the Buzz
It’s been hard not to notice the growing trend of “stylish” sex toys hitting the market. Where once the market was awash in “adult novelties” that would make even the most adventurous blush, a new generation of products is now coming to the fore, welcoming customers with a much more desirable aesthetic. This is good news for the style-conscious set, who will appreciate the attention being given to this important (and pleasurable) aspect of our personal health and relationships.
We’re all particular about our personal style, from our hair right down to (and in some cases, particularly) the shoes on our feet. We use style to enjoy our individuality, and express our inner selves. Our sexuality is even more closely linked to our sense of self, which is why I believe that if anything should be beautiful, it’s the products engaged in this crucial facet of our lives. Of course, when choosing products, it’s important to look beneath surface to make sure you’re not just falling for a pretty face.
Here’s what to check for once you’ve found a vibrator with an appealing look –
- Safety - An alarming number of products on the market are made with questionable materials. Buy from a brand that offers only body-safe products that are free of phthalates and other potential toxins.
- Durability - Vibrators are notorious for calling it quits after just a few weeks or months of service. Look for a well constructed model from a reputable company that offers a warranty. Though the price will be a bit higher, it will end up costing less because of its long lifespan.
- Versatility- Look for a product with a variety of functions that are relevant to you. A small, simple, battery powered model can be great as a first vibrator for you (or for your relationship). They’re also handy for travel, even if you’re only going as far as the other side of town. A larger, rechargeable model will often offer even stronger vibration, and may have multiple motors. In either case, choosing a waterproof design can open up all sorts of possibilities. And you thought baths couldn’t get any better?
- Quietness – You’d be surprised how many models there are out there that are loud enough to drown out the sound of your neighbor’s lawn mower. Needless to say, all that buzzing can be a buzz-kill.
Of course, I’m partial to Jimmyjane’s own award winning designs – we work hard to make sure there’s truly something for everyone.
- For those seeking simplicity & elegance, our LITTLE SOMETHING vibrator line is about as pure as you’ll find. It’s compact size is great whether you’re on your Form6 – rechargeable and completely waterproof own or with your significant other, and it’s discrete enough to carry in your purse, glove compartment or suitcase. It’s also the only vibrator in the world with a replaceable motor, so it will keep you company for years to come. And if you’re a material girl, it’s available in platinum and 24K gold – materials that were chosen not simply for their beauty, but also because they’re completely body-safe.
- For those who are looking for versatility, you might want to take a look at our bestselling FORM 6 – it~s the only vibrator available that is both rechargeable and completely waterproof. What’s more, every surface can be used on the body, each offering a unique sensation. It can do just about anything you can imagine.
- If you’re seeking one of the classics, we’ve found the best, safest, and most durable and brought them together into our USUAL SUSPECTS Vibrator Collection to make it easy for you. The ICONIC RABBIT was Miranda’s favorite on Sex and the City, the ICONIC POCKET is travel-ready for the girl on the go, and the ICONIC RING is as good for him as it is for you.
Original publish date February 6, 2009