- Try to be very focused and hone in on what you want like Sharon. Circle if you must.
- Beware of that hand from the other side of the rack!
- Take a shower and use deodorant or you will be grossing our and wrecking Brad’s nerves.
- Remain politely assertive as sample samples and deep discounts can bring out the aggressive side in shoppers.
- Don’t become psychopathically possessive… it’s just a sale.
- Designer sales are usually better deals than collective sample sales.
- Wear a couple of thin layers rather than a bulky coat.
- A tank top with tights is the best when there is no dressing room.
- Wear clothes that you can place on the floor when trying on garments.
- Yes, wear good seamless underwear and please don’t be the lady in the sheer pantyhose les sans culottes!
- Of course Brad has a bathroom question and Sharon says “squat, don’t sit” when in doubt.
If you’re trying on bathing suits at a sample sale, please do so over your underwear… yes, we are looking.
- Be sure to wear clothes that you don’t have to get completely undressed to try things on, like light layers.
- If it’s a crazed department store or or a jam-packed mall, check the return policy and take home your finds to try on in a calmer environment.
- Wear a neutral bra
- Decorum, etiquette, and manners should always ensue.
- Don’t forget to wear deodorant!!!
Have no fear, we’re always going to tell you about something gross because it’s just in our nature. Happy shopping and spend wisely! – Sharon hHver & Brad BolesRELATED:
- Shopping on the Cheap- Who Wants to Pay Retail? (Radio)
- Discount Designer Style Tips
- Shopping Guides
Sharon Haver is the founder and editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Brad Boles is the editor at large and also a reappearing cast member and Jill Zarin‘s gay husband on The Real Housewives of New York CitySharon is wearing a Calypso St. Barth top, Club Monaco scarf, Maison Martin Margiela bracelet, DSquared bracelet & Hermes watch and bracelet, her own of course.