- A little bit of sequins or beading can go a long way to jazz up an outfit.
- You can add a velvet blazer or tuxedo jacket to your favorite dark, skinny jeans for a polished look.
- Try a rich large scarf in a luxurious fabric.
Think out of the box in terms of color and try not to wear red.
- Neither are personally big fans of Jimmy Choo Uggs as a dressed up casual boot.
- Please don’t be rude and be sure to wipe the mud off your shoes before you enter the party.
- Utilize accessories to tzuj up a casual outfit.
- Brad says that he heard that Carson Kressley attribute the word “tzuj” to Ralph Lauren, Sharon says it’s commonly used on photo shoots. Where do you think it originated.
- The term ‘festive dress” makes Sharon nervous because it could turn into some very, very bad Christmas fashion faux pas like Christmas pins and hokey 3D sweaters.
- She advise guests to dress as they see fit.
- Brad advises that nothing is too much as long as you can live it, own it, and love it!
- Have fun and don’t drink too much!
We pulled some casual yet glam pieces to think about when deciding what to wear to a holiday party in the country:
- What to Wear to A Holiday Party In The Country- Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 19
- What To Wear & How to Plan a Holiday Party at Home,Impromptu Madness w/ Sharon Haver & Brad Boles, Episode 18- video
- What to Wear to an Office Holiday Party, Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver & Brad Boles, Episode 17- video
- What to Wear to a Christmas Party in the Cold, like Claudia Schiffer
- Archives: Office Holiday Party Dress Tips
- Retail Remedy, Not: The Ugly Christmas Sweater Calamities
- Chai Chic! Designer Dreidels by Jonathan Adler
Sharon is wearing a Lutz & Patmos sweater, Jil Sander metallic T-shirt, Maison Martin Margiela red bracelet, Yves Saint Laurent and Forever 21 black bracelets, her own of course.
Sharon Haver is the founder and editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Brad Boles is the editor at large and also a reappearing cast member and Jill Zarin‘s gay husband on The Real Housewives of New York City