In their words…
Emporio Armani Womenswear Collection for Spring/Summer 2011
Ten key words and phrases to define a collection that gives style a fresh sense of vivacity.
- Glamour: Materials with an ethnic origin – wood effect, facet cut horn effect, plaited twine effect – to create necklaces in a variety of lengths that emphasise the seductive mood: a recurrent theme that elegantly supports or else contradicts the clothes.
- Geometric Deco: The stunning contrast of thermo-welded leather tiles on organza, features on some remarkable smaller pieces.
- Lightness: As if constructed in a gravity free environment, jackets resemble gauze foulards. But these are always quintessentially Armani, with a sense of line transformed by the individuality of the fabric.
- Sheath: Leggings combine with skirts in stretch tulle to add élan to the figure. They provide a covering layer under above the knee skirts, or beneath voile dresses, light as a feather.
- Daywear: The joy of a relaxed attitude that changes the actual nature of the clothes, giving even the tailcoats a sporting slant (they are actually made of rubberised raffia).
- Sleekness: A natural approach that determines a total aesthetic code and even includes both the high-heeled shoes in silk satin for the evening and lace ups in canvas piped with nappa. The half heel creates a different balance according to the length of the skirt.
- An array of shades of colour: Mineral shades, fresh and glittering. Dawn grey, quartz grey, sandy beige, shimmers of green, a touch of black. The watermelon red of summer for evening dresses teamed with high heeled shoes in a matching shade for an irresistible coup de théatre. Graphic treatments include maxi stripes.
- Shape: Evening dresses, more or less flared, are designed with a straight neckline and ultra slim shoulder straps.
- Form: Always supported by stunning materials and workmanship: organza, rubberised raffia, leather strips on thermo welded see through organza, lace with a Lurex finish.
- Fancy: The quality of wit and fun, casual and free from convention, most often associated with sportswear, expressed in combinations of decorative necklaces and eclectic accessories with informal trousers and clear cut jackets with well defined shoulders – a fusion that never fails to achieve a tailor made, polished effect.
Photos: Emporio Armani