Jeggings and the Curvy Gal
Plus size fashion tips on what to look for in skinny jeans.
- Curvy jeggings pictured in lead photo: James Jeans, Salon Z Skinny Stretch Denim Jeans at Saks.com
Just when you thought that skinny jeans couldn’t get any skinnier, we have jeggings amping up the style factor as one of the one of the season’s hottest trends.
Jeggings are this season’s new fusion “it” item for the spring with the combination of the jean and the legging, hence, jeggings- cute right? That’s sounds like something destined for a skinny girl, right?
Well, not if you follow some some of my plus size fashion tips about how to work your curves into looking amazing in a pair of well-fitting jeggings.
- To preserve the integrity and the longevity of your jeggings, make sure you pay attention to the size charts the designers use to ensure proper fit and wear. You would not want to look “stuffed” into your jeggings, rather the jeggings should hug your curves and skim over your extra curvy sections.
- The fabrication of these are more important for the Curvy Fashionista, as we tend to have our thighs rub or our curves put more stress on the fabric in different areas. Spandex, while plentiful, tends to easily break, as its threads only stretch in a single direction. It is best to look for jeggings with a special blend or a new technology that offers your jeggings life, comfort, and wear.
- Plus size denim designers like Svoboda offer a trademarked blend of premium denim which includes 24% Elastarell, an improved and sophisticated fabric, offering a multi-directional stretch pattern without losing its shape.
- Plus size British retailer, Evans (they DO deliver to the U.S.), uses 2% Elastane instead of spandex, offering a varied array of jeggings from the acid wash to the black denim options
Whichever designer or retailer you choose to fashion your curves with, know that fit and fabrication are the most important keys when shopping for jeggings for the curvy gal. — Marie Leggett, The Curvy Fashionista
Marie is a plus size fashion blogger, stylist, freelance writer from the San Francisco/ Bay Area. With over 12 years in retail, she launched her eponymous boutique, MarieDenee.com- a contemporary designer plus size boutique delivering hard to find edgy designers who see fashion beyond a size 12. Marie shares her plus size fashion tips at her blog, The Curvy Fashionista and also as a contributor to Vogue Curvy at Italian Vogue.