Mr. Blackwell’s 44th Annual Worst & Best Dressed Women List
Every once in awhile, someone else’s observations just hit the spot, even if we wouldn’t say it ourselves. It’s time to wince, roar, or ignore…
The Fabulous Fashion Independents of 2003:
Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Garner, Diane Lane, Salma Hayek,
Oprah Winfrey, Katie Holmes, Tippi Hedren, BeyoncÉ, Faith Hill,
Sarah Jessica Parker, HRH Countess of Wessex Sophie Rhys-Jones
The Worst Dressed Women of 2003:
10. Lara Flynn Boyle: Sometimes a single fiasco is all it takes that tutu terror was one of the all-time worst fashion mistakes! A beautiful face . . . but no taste . . . what a waste!
9. Courtney Love: The torrid temptress of fashions —”Rock Pack” is the undisputed queen of tack.
8. Melanie Griffith: Melanie defines “fatal fashion folly” A botox’d cockatoo in a painting by Dali!
7.Missy Elliot: Missy’s experiencing a bling-bling take-over time to lower the wattage and get a makeover!
6. Celine Dion: Half-sequined scarecrow, half-gaudy acrobat Is it Abe Lincoln in drag? And I’ll leave it at that!!!
5. Jessica Simpson: Forget putting her stylist on suspension just clean out that closet, and hire a magician!
4. Diane Keaton: In prudish fashion pitfalls that bury her beauty, it could be Queen Victoria on jury duty! Dowdy, dumpy, and frumpy!
3. Shania Twain: What can I say? In buckled bombs and country-fried kitsch. Has Calamity Twain, popped a stitch!
2. A TIE — Madonna/Britney Spears: So many tacky trends, so little time please, will someone arrest The Kissin Cousins of Couture Crime!
And, at the top of the list…
1. Paris Hilton: How are you gonna keep ‘em down on the farm after they’ve seen Pareé. Grab the blinders here comes Paris. From cyber disgrace to red carpet chills — she’s the vapid Venus of Beverly Hills!
–January 13, 2004