The verdict is in: high waisted bathing suits are not old lady anymore. BUT rather chic & flattering to most figure types
Bikinis are a lot like short shorts. A good number of people who wear them probably shouldn’t. Hooray for high-waisted bathing suits seen at swimwear fashion shows during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2014.
>> Crave more swimsuit style? We have a bathing suit bonanza, right here
Just look at the gorgeous numbers & style variations above, like the one-piece-ish cutout by BCBGeneration, unmatched top + bottom by Poko Pano, and bold prints from Mara Hoffman Swim… especially snazzy is the suit with the side cut outs, pictured right.
Let’s get real. Moms, I could be talking to you. At a certain age, or maybe from the get go, an itsy-bitsy bikini is not what your lower abs can flaunt.
As a matter of fact– and, as much as an oxymoron as it seems– these swimsuits are refered to as high waist bikinis. So there, again.
Here’s how to wear the high waist swim suit:
- If you have a long torso, try a style that sits even a bit higher on your waist to proportionalize your body to leg ratio.
- If you have a short torso, opt for a style that sits right below your bellybutton to create the illusion of a longer midsection.
- As the waist is higher, your eye goes to your bust. Be sure that the bra top offers the right amount of lift and support.
- The waist band should fit comfortably- a bit too tight, and you get the dreaded muffin top.
- Try a ruched bottom to camoflage a little tummy.
- Many of the “look 5-10 pound slimmer” styles offer a bit too much support therefore creating an explosion of flesh around your waist.
- As the cut is rather demure, you can tzuj it up with flashier details like the gold chain belt & straps above.
- A short kaftan or flowy maxi is the easiest coverup to wear.
Is this swimsuit style for you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
>> Scroll to CLICK some snazzy high waist bike swimsuits in store now:
Photos: Mara Hoffman Resort Swim 2014, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week [SWIM] 2014 via Image.netPublished on August 01, 2013