Prints, patterns and bold unsolicited colors have been making a move throughout fashion circles for the past few season’s and why not? Wallpaper prints make for an especially easy, elongating look and take the idea of sophisticated uniform dressing to a place once unimaginable.
Thanks to digital prints and technological fabric advancements, full-on prints haven’t looked any better and are an attainable way at creating foundational looks that’ll make you stand out gorgeously in any crowd. All while getting a smart two-in-one you can also separate.
READ: How to Wear Mixed Prints
Pair the pants with a sweater and natty collared shirt or wear the top with a flirty a-line skirt- the options are endless.
Here’s a look at some favorite looks from the runway including Moschino’s bold daisy printed suit (above) and some quick tips on managing the look for you.
Take a look at more Resort 2012 Trends In-Stores Now: Runway Reviews & More
A boyish jacket works as an unexpected strong-point over an otherwise classic paisley print while a strappy sandal gives the buttoned-up look a break of skin.
One of the most referred to looks from the Resort 2012 collections, Celine’s bold sofa print is punctuated by a completely covetable motorcycle jacket.
Make Matching Prints Work for You:
- Look for pieces in luxe fabrications and in modern silhouettes and cuts
- It’s an entire look loaded with personality- make sure you think the print works for you & isn’t ho-hum
- Accessories & layers are given a bold background here- go crazy, pile it on!
- Find a way to show a break of skin with open shoes or a deeper neckline
- Look for smart prints that are rich with associations, it’s all about standing out…
What to Avoid:
- Banal prints (think tropical) and fabrications such as jersey and silky nylon just won’t do
- If you are petite, heels are a must
- Keep your hair & make-up simple, natural works best here
- Don’t go overboard with bright colors or blaring prints
- Look for pieces that hang off the body to avoid looking like you are in a catsuit
- Find items that are trendless as they won’t have too many extra details and tricks
A selection of printed goods awaits you:Published on January 04, 2012