Party Time- Dressing The Part This Holiday Party Season
We know you’re bogged down with the holiday season’s requisite errands, tasks and what not, but one must also remember the ample amount of face-time we all have to deal with each season as we reunite with friends and family at dinners and celebrations throughout the month.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a simple four step guide to have you looking your best when celebrating this holiday season. Go ahead, take a moment to look your best and celebrate yourself! Its party time after all!
1). A Statement Maker
It’s the end of the year and whether you have a lot to celebrate or not, why not get it together and make a bold move and dazzle them with an impressive statement-making entrance coat in sumptuous fabrications and volumes like Yves Saint Laurent’s ivory showstopper(above).
- Quality construction and fabrication is key when looking for outerwear with glamorous appeal
- Pair an over-the-top coat with ultra-chic minimalist pieces to maintain an elegant reserve
- While you don’t want to appear costumey and like you are trying too hard, look for items that have a regal, old-Hollywood flair to look your best and celebrate in style with
2). Festive Footwear
Chloe’s bow detailed patent pump(above) pack’s a coquettish punch with its flouncy red suede bow making them one of our favorite shoes to make a move in this holiday season.
SHOP: Dress Pumps
- Look for shoes that have a base color of black to get the most use possible out of them once the party season wraps up
- Avoid platform pumps, too-high heels and anything trendy as you aren’t headed to a raucous club -it’s an elegant soiree after all!
- Keep them chic- ‘sporty’ & ‘comfort shoe’ are two buzz words you must avoid at all costs
3). Embellished Extras
Take a cue from Lanvin’s Alber Elbaz(above) and load up on ornate, jewel encrusted accessories that are destined to make even the simplest of looks dazzle this holiday season.
- Look for pieces with extra shine in exaggerated shapes and sizes
- If your ensemble is more on the simpler side, choose extras that boast unique, never before seen details, fabrications and hues
- It’s not only holiday season, it’s also the mark of a new year- take the more-is-more route and celebrate with piles of radiant gems and glittery extras
4). The Sequined Tee- Easy Pieces
Aquilano.Rimondi’s fall outing was chalk full of gorgeous shift dresses loaded with embellishments galore but it was their gold sequined tee(above) that caught our eye considering that it makes a great alternative to a heavy, glitzy dress while having enough ease to mix-&-match with come the new year.
- Find pieces that evoke the holiday season with festive, decorative elements in simple silhouettes to guarantee you’ll get plenty of use out of them for season’s to come
- Look for items that have no more than three kinds of embellishment on them as you don’t want to look ostentatious
- There’s no need to look too vintage or precious when there are so many decadent, contemporary options out there today -Naveed Hussain
Naveed Hussain, stylist and fashion editor, has a BA in art history and extensive knowledge in the history of fashion and social media outreach. Naveed also covers fashion, music and art and was assistant to the owner & editor at VagabondNyc, where he also contributed to FocusOnStyle. Naveed has unlimited access to current and future fashion news & trends. He has worked as a buyer and has styled for The Dallas Morning News, The Chicago Tribune, and The New York Times.