Ooooh la la, we are having a bout of baubles this week. First, we learned how to wear the new statement jewelry trend and now it’s time for something classic.
When it comes to piling on jewelry, the result can be heavy-handed or absolutely superb. Let’s get some French Chic style inspiration on how to layer necklaces with Ines de la Fressange style !
The former model, muse and lifelong spokesperson for glorious French Chic shows you how to layer necklaces like a pro:
Ines de la Fressange, one of her generation’s most consistently well-dressed exemplars of quintessential French Chic wowed at Chanel for Paris Fashion Week with a look that was timeless, and in sync with the personal style of Coco Chanel herself.
>>EXPERT STYLE ADVICE: Discover Tips for French Chic
Bringing up nostalgia over Chanel’s significant romps in Deauville, De La Fressange evokes the relaxed yet mannish vibe of signature 20’s nautical inspired garb with a look that you should take note of. After all, even 70+ years later, the look is contemporary and will always be forever on-trend and elegant.
Without glamorous accessories, her otherwise classic outfit would have a ho-hum daywear appeal, but as you can see, layers of chunky chains and flashes of shimmer elevate the look to another level.
How to Layer Away:
- Do opt for layered chains to freshen up t-shirt dressing and frothy spring frocks
- Do keep everything coordinated, the idea here is grown-up polish for a luxe look
- Do keep them oversized to really make a statement
What are your top three ways to layer jewelry? Please share in the comments below. — Naveed Hussain
>> DON’T MISS MY FREE FRENCH CHIC GIFT TO YOU: Download Passport to French Chic & receive regular updates.
Required Reading for Instant French Chic:
- Join my FREE newsletter and download “Passport to French Chic,” now!
- The French Chic at a Certain Age Series
- French Chic Fashion Tips
- How to Dress French When You Are Not
- The French Chic Formula for Everyday Style a la Emmanuelle Alt
- French Chic Style
- Paris Street Style– How to wear IT!
- Cannes Do Chic Series
- French Chic Shoe Lesson 101: Red shoes pops a simple LBD, a la Berenice Bejo
- More French Chic posts
>> SHOP: If you want some shopping hints on how to layer necklaces, we pulled some pretty pearl chain necklaces for you to layer up!
Photographer:Pixplanete / PR PhotosPublished on April 11, 2013