Co-hosts Sharon Haver & Brad Boles are going at it point / counterpoint again, and this time it’s about pearls!
Brad loves them and Sharon says that the classic, single strand ones add 15 years to your look.
If you’re going to wear pearls, make it edgy and off-handed or you’ll remind her of Grandma with the mink stole looking for her second husband in Miami!
Fast forward to Miami of today and Brad is still going gaga about their meeting the charming and talented David Bromstad of HGTV’s “Color Splash” at the GLAAD Auction in New York this weekend.
It’s one of Sharon’s favorite shows and Brad is all over that like a dog with a bone.
Watch how to wear pearls & keep it young:
Watch more Impromptu Madness with Sharon & Brad
Video topics include:
- Tips for carrying for pearls
- Never spray perfume near your pearls
- Look for the luster in pearls. Brad advises if you can’t see your reflection in the pearl, don’t buy them.
- Brad thinks pearls are a perfect fiance gift
- Sharon says classic single strand pearls can be very aging when worn with a sweater set or pastels think out of the box to add some personal style!
- Sharon prefers Tahitian pearls, black pearls, baroque pearls in an unusual and more modern design.
- When you do wear pearls, Sharon says to make it edgy and unexpected in an off-handed way and avoid the stereotype.
Sharon Haver is the founder and editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Brad Boles is the editor at large and a reappearing cast member and Jill Zarin‘s gay husband on The Real Housewives of New York City
We pulled some modern pearls– think black pearls, Tahitian pearls, Baroque pearls– that even Sharon would approve to keep you looking young and fresh and not like an old lady with a mink stole:
Sharon is wearing a Calypso St. Barth top & Hermes watch and bracelet, her own of course.