Timeless Style – Black And White Fashion Never Goes Out of Style
Timeless Style with classic black and white options hasn’t looked so fresh in a while thanks to an abundance of printed options taking their toll on even the most trend-less types…
Sure, we ourselves got in on the big print story that has been making its way throughout the fashion universe but first look at Alexander McQueen’s forever-chic Resort 2013 outing had us aching for a new direction.
One that goes back to the classic combo of black and white for they are tried-and-true but also, color restricted pieces can work as one sure-fire foundation to play just about anything up against. Take a look at actress Cate Blanchett at a premiere for ‘Uncle Vanya’ above, who chose a Givenchy number with an optical graphic that’s minimal yet statement making enough to work in a myriad of ways for all kinds of days.
>>MORE: Runway Coverage
And with that elegant, timeless and easy on the wear combo comes a return to uniform dressing at its most basic and pure. Look for pieces that are simple in shape and design as these are the kind of wardrobe staples that come with an endless life trend-wise.
>>DISCOVER: Expert Stylist Advice
Go Basic, But never boring with these tips in-mind:
- Look for pieces that have classic shapes that are simple and paired down
- Leave adornments and design flourishes for your pick-me-up extras such as shoes and bags
- Avoid trends in general -the idea here is getting the most out of your buck while looking effortlessly elegant
- When looking for suiting, try your hardest to not go too far into the concept of uniform dress -you don’t want to be confused for a cocktail server!
- Keep it clean, black and white heritage dressing calls for refined, fuss-free and subtle features and elements
Pack a punch with black & white finds available online now:Published on July 23, 2012
Naveed Hussain, stylist and fashion editor, has a BA in art history and extensive knowledge in the history of fashion and social media outreach. Naveed also covers fashion, music and art and was assistant to the owner & editor at VagabondNyc, where he also contributed to FocusOnStyle. Naveed has unlimited access to current and future fashion news & trends. He has worked as a buyer and has styled for The Dallas Morning News, The Chicago Tribune, and The New York Times.