From Chloe comes a range of attractively attainable, forever chic options from the Resort 2013 collection after a few season’s on the fritz from the go-to Parisian label.
Take a cue from the outing’s clean spirit and lush, neutral palette when looking for an up-to-the-minute look that’s both timeless and manageably elegant while taking little to no effort.
A look at extracting the trends from next season for now has our attention on Chloe’s fuss-free, ultra-femme Resort collection.
Sure, the usual mix of signatures had their minute here, from eyelets to ruffles to dolman sleeves to the perfect trouser, but what caught our eye amidst a blisteringly warm summer season was this clean, floor length maxi-dress with a high however appropriate mid-thigh slit.
And although we’ve slowly gotten over our recent fixation with the return of minimalism, this number still looks appealing with its languid silhouette, putty hue and easy to imagine graceful movement when out & about.
When on the look for a new maxi this season, keep this Chloe beauty in mind…
Find that perfect summer maxi dress like this one from Chloe:
- Look for the simplest of silhouettes that come without any ruching, pleats, tucks etc.
- Avoid bells and whistles, the major caveat is this look’s elegance, keep surfaces unadorned and print free
- While a fitted bodice looks best, don’t go for body-con, the key here is a relaxed ease
- Keep your options on the polished side, luxe fabrics are part of the mandate -avoid jersey, modal, anything synthetic and stretchy
- Go for neutral hues as this is a piece you’ll be able to layer with for seasons to come – Naveed Hussain
Maxi-Dresses Online Now: