How to look pulled together in jeans? Look at Christie Brinkley’s ageless style for inspiration
I’ll Have What She’s Having: Grown-up gorgeous in down-to-earth and polished jeans
Crazy that what so many of us wear so often can be impossible to pull off– with style. Don’t fret.
Look no further than perennially gorgeous Christie Brinkley for celebrity style inspiration on how to look pulled together in jeans.
Ok, you may not look like her (who does??), but you can master her sublime style and look pretty darn fabulous too. And, it’s far more realistic than fantasizing about a red carpet gown too.
Christie hosted the 2012 Smile Train World Smile Day to raise awareness that helps children born with clefts around the world and wore jeans for the event.
Not sloppy jeans but ones so polished and pulled together that the looks brims with ageless, everyday style.
>>MORE: Age-Appropriate Style
Nuances to Christie Brinkley’s age-appropriate can-do chic:
- A crisp short blazer with architectural shoulders and a feminine nipped waist creates a sculpted frame for the rest of the outfit. Take the jacket off, and the look instantly gets more casual.
- The longer drapey T-shirt covers any possible tummy issues and the tush, while creating interest with its gathers.
- The open neckline draws your eye down for a longer, leaner silhouette.
- The tone on tone T-shirt layered underneath ensures that there’s not too much exposure and adds a subtle detail without adding bulk.
- Slim jeans have a modified boot cut that glides over her boots to create the look of a longer leg.
- Classic high heel boots add polish.
- Magnificent hair and makeup are the finishing touch to her everyday style statement.
Get inspired with these pieces…
Photographer:Marco Sagliocco / PR PhotosPublished on October 11, 2012
Resident fashion expert & style mentor- With just about 20 years experience in the glamour industry as a New York-based photography fashion stylist, syndicated columnist, contributing editor, lecturer, on-air television/radio fashion expert, and founder / editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Sharon Haver knows the modern-thinking woman wants easygoing style that suits her individual needs, spiced with just the right amount of flip and wit to make it personal.