French Chic Shoe Lesson 101: Red shoes pops a simple LBD, a la Berenice Bejo
I’ll Have What She’s Having: The right, bright shoe with a classic LBD is oh soooo French Chic!
Less is more when the elements are right in this French Chic Shoe Lesson 101.
Berenice Bejo, of the The Artist fame, totally gets it when it comes to adding a bit of personalization and pizzazz to a LBD. Just look at her pictured here, earlier at a photocall at the Cannes Film Festival.
Truth be told: This is my favorite red carpet as it’s less about Hollywood schmaltz and more about class.
>> WATCH: How to accessorize a LBD
The Argentinian born French actress has all the elements of classic French simplicity that is ageless, timeless, and very chic.
Let’s analyze why so you can get the look yourself:
- Simple, pulled back, yet styled, natural color hair (that’s no reality show Repunzal hair extensions)
- Better than bare natural makeup and skin tone (hint, hint- so cheesy fake tan)
- A beautifully cut little black dress with 3/4 sleeves that make it seasonless and flattering on all arm types. As a matter of fact, I snagged a very similiar dress at a sample sale and just love it.
- Her LBD fall right above the knee lending a young feel (no, tush-baring blouse mascarading as a dress)
- All would be elegant and simple, but there is the unexpected pop of a bright red shoe by way of an ankle strap sandal!
- >> VISIT: Shoe Shopping Guides
Well, not that unexpected as the right pair of red shoes (besides ballet flats) are a must-have in a French Chic wardrobe- or any other clean, primary-based color, like electric blue or emerald green.
- Ah, it’s a sandal right? So Berenice’s pedicure sports what is now become classic dark nail polish, not a matchy-matchy red or a crazy trendy color.
Just lovely! What do you think? Please comment below…
- The French Chic at a Certain Age Series
- French Chic Fashion Tips
- How to Dress French When You Are Not
- The French Chic Formula for Everyday Style a la Emmanuelle Alt
- French Chic Style
- French Chic Shoe Lesson 101: Red shoes pops a simple LBD, a la Berenice Bejo
- More French Chic posts
Scroll thru these spirit lifting red shoes:
Photo:focusonstyle.onsugarPublished on May 17, 2012
Resident fashion expert & style mentor- With just about 20 years experience in the glamour industry as a New York-based photography fashion stylist, syndicated columnist, contributing editor, lecturer, on-air television/radio fashion expert, and founder / editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Sharon Haver knows the modern-thinking woman wants easygoing style that suits her individual needs, spiced with just the right amount of flip and wit to make it personal.