I’ll Have What She’s Having: An elegant midi dress that doesn’t scream old lady frumpy AND you can wear it to work!
Here’s some stylist advice on how to make a forever-chic statement like actress Gwyneth Paltrow in a knee-length number and not look matronly.
Turning head’s for over a decade with her innate sense of style that remains forever-chic, actress Gwyneth Paltrow‘s recent appearance in a minimal Burberry textured dress should work for you as a source of inspiration when considering alternative skirt lengths.
>>Need help figuring out how to wear it? Discover Expert Stylist Advice now
Paired with equally chic classic pumps and a sophisticated Victoria Beckham purse, Paltrow’s below the knee-length midi dress boasts a figure flattering silhouette that looks relaxed enough to get you through the day while discreetly ladylike.
>> CHECK OUT: Best Dresses Shopping Guide
And here she proves once and for all, a below the knee length skirt, that challenging proposition, and that is age-appropriate and timeless on any one of any age, as long as the attitude is right.
BUY: Burberry at Saks
Sure, it’s Gwyneth Paltrow, maybe she can wear anything, but who says you can’t consider donning something similar?
What made it work:
- Fuss-free hair & make-up with a cut that has a cool edge nonetheless- anything more “done” would just look old
- Minimal, elegant pumps in a dark hue paired with bare skin for a visual break -flats would have made her look too young
- While her dress has little to no detailing, it does boast a pretty sculpted shape (her figure is incredible!) in an off-beat color that makes it stand out
- Take note of how her purse is equally ladylike and full of details with a pop of interesting colors
- Save all accessories for another look, keep it that simple!
Inspired by Paltrow’s elegant look, we’ve sourced similar finds available online now:
Photos: Burberry and Victoria BeckhamPublished on May 01, 2012