Printed Matter- Mastering Printed Pants
Printed trousers have been making their way onto runways the world over for quite a few season’s and judging by the Pre-Fall collections we’ve seen so far for 2012, there’s more to come.
So how does one don prints on a part of the body most people try to distract the eye from?
Here’s a look at how to make them work for you while instantly updating your wardrobe and options.
- These days, clashing print on print head-to-toe looks are the norm however keep in mind the importance of proportion and fit for a flawless look
- Make sure the print and color-way of printed pants go with your own style- no need to stand out if you’re uncomfortable with the look of the piece
- From floral to digital, be on the lookout for unique prints
- Be sure to pair them with heels to elongate the leg
- While a general rule of thumb is to pair them with neutral basics, we must advise that if you do play it safe, make sure you feel confident in them as all eyes will focus on your lower half
- Avoid pairing them with textured pieces- it’s too much for the eye to handle, same goes for high-waists and pants with too much design detail
Take a chance on printed pants this season as they are sure to add an unexpected focal interest to your look for seasons to come.
Above, 10 Crosby by Derek Lam Silk Printed Pants available at Barneys.com at $335
From florals to stars and more, there’s plenty of printed pant options out there for everyone- consider the selections below:Published on December 21, 2011
Naveed Hussain, stylist and fashion editor, has a BA in art history and extensive knowledge in the history of fashion and social media outreach. Naveed also covers fashion, music and art and was assistant to the owner & editor at VagabondNyc, where he also contributed to FocusOnStyle. Naveed has unlimited access to current and future fashion news & trends. He has worked as a buyer and has styled for The Dallas Morning News, The Chicago Tribune, and The New York Times.