Wear It Now – The Ladylike Summer LBD – Preen Resort 2013 Highlights
The Summer LBD… it’s kinda a fast-forward, roll back…
Call it a bonus that the 2013 Resort collections are happening just as the summer season kick’s off -with plenty of notes for you to take inspiration from. Consider Preen’s ultra-femme black cut-out dress the ultimate little-black-dress to be on the out look for this season, long before it reaches stores!
Its unadorned surfaces, classic silhouette and retro inclinations are sure to make it a year-round staple that you can wear many a ways. We like the simplicity suggested here with white shoes to punctuate the ladylike elegance of the piece’s shape.
Yet one can also imagine it with accessories of all sort from statement making hosiery to shoes of all ilk to jackets a plenty. The superb execution of Preen’s take on the L-B-D makes it one sure-fire winner.
>>Expert Advice: How to Accessorize a Little Black Dress
And while Preen may not be accessible for everyone, there’s no reason you can’t take note from the easy sophistication that the look radiates. Take full advantage of the style notes offered here as the only effort it’ll take is to keep it restrained.
Yes, take it easy with your hair and make-up, keep accessories simple at best, because what you want to flaunt here is this number’s figure enhancing silhouette while balking in the ease it took to look this good.
Find that perfect summer Little-Black-Dress like this one from Preen:
- Look for a shape that has a timeless, even retro feel
- Avoid bells and whistles, the major caveat is this dresses simplicity
- Less is more as per usual with a classic black dress
- While ladylike shoes worked here, they also did little to take away from the looks ageless form -keep shoes on the polished side
- Refrain from prints as the story of the dress’ shape takes center stage here
- Look for proportions that are enhancing, here, the cut-out bust and circle hem work to flatter almost and body type
- Remember, the best L-B-D’s may be unassuming yet boast a sense of ease on the wear and instant pick-me-up elegance – Naveed Hussain
Shop Summer LBD Dresses Available Now:
Photo: PreenPublished on June 21, 2012
Naveed Hussain, stylist and fashion editor, has a BA in art history and extensive knowledge in the history of fashion and social media outreach. Naveed also covers fashion, music and art and was assistant to the owner & editor at VagabondNyc, where he also contributed to FocusOnStyle. Naveed has unlimited access to current and future fashion news & trends. He has worked as a buyer and has styled for The Dallas Morning News, The Chicago Tribune, and The New York Times.